World Resources Company conducts an environmental services and commercial recycling business that helps to conserve the world’s non-renewable metal and mineral resources by using manufacturing residues to produce commercial products. World Resources Company commits to provide its employees with a workplace which is free of recognized hazards that may have the potential to cause harm to the employees. Under the internationally recognized directives and requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 specification, World Resources Company pledges to provide the necessary resources to identify workplace hazards, conduct risk assessments, and control risks.
The Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy integrates this guiding principle with programs, techniques, and practices which together form a dynamic Health and Safety Management System that helps guide the Company’s managers and staff in the performance of their duties. To carry out this Policy, World Resources Company will:
- SEEK input from all employees, contractors, and external interested parties regarding the nature and scale of occupational health and safety risks at our facility;
- COMMIT to continually improving the workplace’s health and safety environment by identifying and implementing practices to reduce the risk of illness, accidents, and incidents in the workplace;
- CONFORM to current applicable OH&S regulations;
- DOCUMENT, implement, and maintain an Occupational Health and Safety Management System that meets all OHSAS 18001 requirements;
- COMMUNICATE to all employees the company’s OH&S policies and objectives so as to enable them to practice them in the performance of their individual job responsibilities;
- SHARE our OH&S Policy with any individual or group concerned with or affected by the OH&S performance of our company; and
- REVIEW the OH&S Policy periodically to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to our company.
World Resources Company commits to this Policy and accepts the responsibility to conduct its operations in accordance with the Policy.